Wednesday, March 11, 2009

5 months old



So very true... but I love reading people's blogs.  

It's been a big month for Jason.  He can now sit up unassisted for short periods of time, he has moved on to solid food, and he has mastered the basics of manipulating his parents.  He has a variety of fake cries in his arsenal.  Some of them sound quite gruesome, but as soon as someone (usually me) runs over to see what horrible thing has happened to him, he greets them with a huge, angelic grin.  He is now mostly sleeping in his crib, which is a big improvement in all of our lives except for Jason's.  He has accepted this new turn of events, albeit grudgingly. 

Jason in his Sunday best.

We spend a lot of time reading together.  He likes to wrinkle the pages and put them in his mouth.  He reads along with me- as soon as I start reading out loud he starts talking and squealing as loud as he can.  It's pretty cute.

Jason isn't sure he likes prunes.  But he definitely likes bananas, applesauce, and pears.

The sun is setting, bedtime is approaching, and Jason's true character begins to emerge...

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, he's so cute! I love the horns! I'm so glad he's sleeping in his crib now. That's got to be a big relief for you.

Unknown said...

He is getting so big and cuter by the day obviously. You have a wonderful family. We all miss you Claire, hope to see you soon.
Linda and the Lindquist Gang

Glori Olsen said...

So funny, he has so much expression! can't wait to see you this week!

Torrie Family said...

Derek and Claire,
Ryan says he misses you all. I still need to meet Claire!! Hopefully soon. Jason is a cutie!
The Torries

Lisa said...

Claire~
you look great! call me so we can catch up!!
Lisa

PJMcD said...

Horns eh?? That's from all that "DEVIL MUSIC" Daddy listened to when he was younger. I hope all is well way up there in Everett.