Jason's halcyon days of undivided parental attention and complete dominion over the household are coming to an end. He's getting a baby brother in July.
See? 5 1/2 months pregnant!
He has no idea what's coming. He has been awfully funny lately. Here are 6 things about the J-dog that crack me up.
1. He is a Complete Narcissist
He LOVES to watch videos and pictures of himself. He sits like a sack of potatoes and watches the camera. It has actually been hard to get pics of him lately because if he sees the camera he immediately runs over and demands to watch it. If the video is of someone else, he protests and tries to push buttons to get the the good stuff- videos of him. He is not really interested in TV or movies- just pics of his greatest moments.
I don't really like to encourage this behavior, but it keeps him quiet and entertained like nothing else.
2. He Loves Mongolian BBQ
His favorite place to eat is at the mall where they have mongolian BBQ. He eats as much as an adult man. He stands up in his chair with a fork in each hand, and shovels noodles in his mouth, alternating forks so there is no down time. It is impressive. People watch him and laugh because he is so focused and eats so much.
I tried to recreate mongolian BBQ at home but it was not successful. He just dumped it on his head.
3. His Alter Ego is Bucket Head
We got him some legos, which he enjoys, but the real toy has been the bucket they came in. He puts it on his head and walks around the house- just going about his business- but with a bucket on his head!
He responds to bucket head when he is wearing this.
4. He Loves Grown-Up Clothes and Shoes
He must model every hat he finds.
He is constantly clomping around in either my or Derek's shoes. I wish I had a pic of him in my heels, but every time I try to get one he runs over to look at the camera. He often demands to wear what I am wearing- usually my shoes plus the hat I wear in the sun. We think his love of cars balances out the fact that he likes to dress up in my clothes.
4. The Pure and Undiluted Joy he gets from anything CAR Related
Yeah! Mall racer!
His joy is complete! He has an impressive hotwheels collection which is actually more of Derek's hotwheels collection, and, due to heavy coaching from dad, can identify a ferrari, a bugatti, and a lamborghini. He points out every car he sees- on the road, on tv, on the computer, and says vroom-vroom!
6. His Enormous Noggin
He is 25th percentile for height and weight, but 95th percentile for head circumference. That just cracks me up.
4 comments:
He is SO CUTE!!! We really miss him - and you guys too! I love the bucket head pictures, and of course the one with noodles everywhere.
You look great, Claire! Thanks for posting a pregnancy picture.
All four of our kids are unbelievably clever with their blog pictures and commentary. I like this trend much better than the joint decision so many years ago not to do any homework, ever.
You look amazing, Claire! I can't believe you're already 5 1/2 months along. I hope you're feeling better.
Jason is so adorable! He sounds like quite the character.=)
That is fantastic news. I'm so thrilled for you kidz. It kinda put D-Dog out for goin' to a Raiders game when I come down though. I'll be sure to come visit .
Post a Comment