Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Brett

Brett Liau is Here!


Brett Jing-Li Liau joined our family on July 14th at 1:39 p.m. He was 7 lbs 5 oz. and 19 inches long. Adorable features include cubby, kissable cheeks, lots of brown hair, and a cute button nose. He is a perfect baby boy!

I haven't been able to get a good picture of him with his eyes open yet. He has been a good sleeper so far! I do think he looks like his brother and daddy. I think we can be sure who has the dominant genes in this family.

I don't know exactly why I would share this with the world, but here I am 3 days before Brett is due. There's a lot of baby in there.

I mostly just put this one up to show off Jason's cute Sunday suit.

Having a C-section is so weird. I felt like a magician's assistant who gets cut in half. My top half was relatively normal, but completely disconnected from my bottom half, and I'm pretty sure something gruesome was happening somewhere in the middle. It is a very surreal experience. I was lucky to have wonderful doctors and nurses there, and the surgery went well. All of a sudden, there was a baby's cry and little Brett entered the world. Here he is with his daddy- he looks quite upset to be yanked out his comfortable living space into the cold, hard world.

Daddy, Brett, and Me

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I have two boys! I hope I can handle all of these guys.

Daddy and his boys. Jason has done so well with the baby! He was a little unsure of what to make of the baby in the hospital, and I think he was trying to figure out how the baby in mommy's tummy equated with this new creature in mommy's arms, but I think he has decided that it is an ok addition to our family and even kind of interesting. He loves to bring the baby his diapers and binkies and he wants to check on him frequently. He says night-night to him and gives him loves. I know he is going to be a great big brother and I am proud of him.

Daddy and Brett. The beginning of a beautiful friendship :).

6 comments:

Miller Family said...

Claire, he is SO ADORABLE!!! That first picture is to die for. I can't wait to meet him. And I am so glad Jason is doing well, that is the part I'm the most nervous about with Ollie.

Aaron said...

Bret is so, so cute! He looks a lot like Jason. We can't wait to meet him. Thanks for posting pictures. Good luck in the coming weeks.

Aaron and Kim

Alex said...

Congratulations! He is darling. I need to call you guys and learn all about him!

Catherine said...

Congratulations! He's so cute!

Meighan said...

Yeah Claire! I am so excited for you. You and Derek sure make adorable kids :-). Two is hard, but twice as fun, I promise. Miss you.

John, Carolyn and Family said...

Congratulations Claire and Derek and Jason! Brett is sooooo sweet and soooo tiny! it's so amazing how babies grow :) I'm so glad Jason is doing so well. He will love his brother! A little playmate. You'll be surprised how fast Brett becomes fascinated with Jason. Can't wait to meet him! Hope you are recovering well Claire!
Carolyn