We have had a fun couple of weeks. Before those, though, we had a rough couple of weeks. Remember in my last post how I said Jason was doing great with the new baby? That needs some revision. Once he realized the baby was a permanent addition to our family, and one that required a lot of mommy's and some of daddy's attention, he was not on board any more. Poor kid had kind of an extended meltdown for 2 weeks. Fortunately, my mom was here to help manage the kiddos and keep me from returning them both to the hospital where I got them.
My wonderful, patient mom with the boys. I could not have survived without her. Jason really got attached to "mi mi". He still asks about her almost every day. It is really sweet.
Here are some more pictures of Brett. He is such a sweet baby. He is a good sleeper, which has been so wonderful. I have had so much fun cuddling him and kissing his chubby cheeks! After a couple of weeks of drama, Jason has gotten used to his brother and actually loves to hold him and give him kisses. He has returned to his normal, happy self and I think we are all getting back in a good routine again.

Here he is- all sacked out. This is how he spends most of the day- examining the back of his eyelids!
We all went to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and did some shopping last weekend. It was lots of fun- Jason was so, so excited to see the fish. He said "hello" and "bu-bye" to each fish that swam by. We had a great time.
They had a Ghiardelli's Ice Cream shop there- we couldn't resist.

This fulfilled our ice cream quota for the next 3 years.
Brett may be a good kid- but he did not like getting a bath. Here we are water-boarding the little tyke.

"Aaahhhh! What are you doing?! Are you sure this is safe for babies? I'm only 3 weeks old!!!"
"What's that silver thing? I don't like the look of that!"
"Uncle, uncle- get me out of here!!!"



4 comments:
Those are darling pictures, Claire! He's so beautiful! I'm glad Jason's starting to get used to him.
I love all the pics. It makes me want to go to the aquarium!! And I don't think I have ever seen Brett upset, but baths are no fun for newborns. He is so cute. And I'm glad Jason is out of his meltdown phase. I'll look forward to that stage soon with Ollie :)
Claire you are hilarious! Cute boys:)
You have such cute boys! I'm glad Jason is getting used to his new brother. I'm sure it's been a big adjustment for all of you.
Post a Comment