Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby Blessing and Birthday #2

We have had an eventful month! First we had baby Brett's blessing on Sunday, September 12th. We were so happy that Derek's parents were able to come for his blessing- it made the day extra special and we really enjoyed having them visit with us for a week. Derek gave little Brett a beautiful blessing (or so I heard- halfway through the prayer Jason decided he would rather hang out with dad and threw a major tantrum when I wouldn't let him run up front with daddy. I had to take him out and I missed the last little bit of the blessing. I was so mad at that kid!) Brett looked adorable in his white outfit and was very good during the prayer.

Our family

I love this pic of Grandma with Brett.

Another great pic- Grandpa and Brett

With the boys. Jason had SO much fun with his grandma and grandpa. He adores grandpa Liau (who he calls Bampa) and still asks for him almost every day. He is always disappointed to hear that grandpa is still in Texas.

The man of the hour in his outfit.

Cutie pie!

Later that week our good friend Patrick from Seattle came to visit us. It was great to see him and catch up with what's going on back in the Greenwood ward. It sure made us homesick for Seattle and our friends there, though.
Two handsome guys!


The other big event this month was Jason's second birthday! I cannot believe my baby is two years old already. It just does not seem possible. Look at this kid:

He is such an imp.

We didn't invite friends over but we had a little birthday celebration at home. It was a "cars" themed party. I thought he would be totally excited, but he was just bemused by the whole thing. I think he was trying to figure out why all of a sudden so much great stuff was happening. I think he thought we were trying to trick him because he would not even come in the room without some coaxing. He must have had fun, though, because the next day he kept saying "happy, happy, more more?!!" and when I tried to take down the decorations he cried. We hung the huge poster back up in his room and he has insisted on wearing his birthday badge all week. Birthdays are supposed to last at least a week, right?

"I don't know what is going on, but I think I like it..."

He did like his happy birthday sign.

Blowing out the candles on his cake.

Mmmm. Mint Chocolate Chip.

After cake, before bath!

He got lots of good stuff, but the Grandparents on both sides did the best job with presents. The Liaus got him this Tow Mater truck- he loves it. He rides it around all over the house saying "beep beep" and excuse me ("cuse-coo").




My parents sent him a jack in the box. He gets a kick out of it every time.

Winding it up

Pop!

Pop!!

POP!
It never gets old. He is surprised every single time.

Also, not to brag too much, but Jason can identify and name every letter in the alphabet, the numbers up to ten, and all the major colors. Except instead of saying "green" he says "chick hicks" because chick hicks from the cars movie is green, but still- we are very impressed. It is so much fun to watch him learn. He comes up with the funniest stuff and makes me laugh every day :).

Brett is smiling at us! Here are some cute smiley pics to end with!

"hi, mom"

The cutest!

3 comments:

Alex said...

That's a pretty cute family you have there. You guys should come visit all your extended family in Texas.

Glori Olsen said...

Claire, your hair looks fabulous--and your little boys are so cute! We need to get our boys together!

Kim said...

Your boys are so adorable, Claire! Brett looks cute in his blessing outfit. It's hard to believe that Jason is 2 already. I like how he wore the birthday badge for a week.