Monday, January 23, 2012

Artwork for Jason's Room

 Well, I spent 2 days painting Jason's room a couple of months ago, and now our landlord wants his house  back and we have to move!  Oh, well.  That's what happens when you are a renter.  I made some artwork just for his blue walls, so I thought I would post pictures before we move.  I have always liked Lorena Siminovich's artwork, and I made some pictures for Jason's wall using her artwork for inspiration.  His room started out as a boat theme, but it has morphed into sea animals and shells over the years.


I found several different sized canvases at Joann's (using their awesome 50% off coupons) and bought some textured scrapbook paper.  I cut out some simple shapes using lots of different shades and patterns.  They were fun to make and pretty inexpensive.  Sorry my pictures are kind of wonky.  I need to work on my photography skills.


He has a silver metallic strip down the middle, not white.  It doesn't come out well in the pics.


A happy crab.


Seahorses blowing bubbles.  Do they do that in real life?


A hermit crab.  I remember these guys fondly from my youth.


I like how they turned out except I think one of the canvases is not exactly square and it always looks a little off.  It is driving me a little nuts, but I don't think I can stand to redo anything.  I am excited about moving- we found a new place to rent that is still in Campbell and close to all our favorite stores and the gym and we will still be in the same ward.  We are moving in a week and I haven't even started packing yet!  It will be fun to have a fresh start, but I will really miss this house- I have loved living here.

3 comments:

Miller Family said...

Claire you are so ridiculously talented! I love your paintings!! Your boys are so lucky to have you. I can't believe you are moving. Where is your new place? I am coming with Jason next week, so we have to get together. I am hoping to sneak into bootcamp on Wed maybe under you or Jen's guest pass :) I'll be in touch!

PJMcD said...

I'd fly down and help you move, but you probably still have that swear word treadmill. My back still aches from that monster. Be a good lad Derek, and call in the Elderz Quarum!

Kim said...

Claire, I love your paintings! You did such an amazing job! I love seeing the projects you do...you are so creative and artistic. Your parents mentioned you were moving. I'm glad you found a new house. You'll have to post pictures after you move in. Good luck packing...doesn't sound fun especially with two little boys. Wish I lived closer and could help.