Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hearts and BATS!


 Happy Valentine's Day!


We had fun for Valentine's day this year.  Jason made lots and lots of handmade valentines for everyone he knows.  He made a special one for me at Kids Corner (at the YMCA) and was so excited to give it to me.  It was very cute.  He said "Look mommy- I made you a valentine!  It has hearts and BATS!"  I looked closely at the pre-cut shapes he had glued on and said "Are you sure those aren't butterflies?"  He said "No.  They're BATS.  Hearts and BATS."  Valentine's day is much cooler with bats.


Brett also made the holiday memorable.  I thought it would be cute to leave a little paper heart and a piece of wrapped chocolate on their beds so they would find them when they woke up.  I picked Ghiardelli chocolates because they are pretty tightly wrapped up. Everything went according to plan with Jason and he was excited about his valentine.  Brett usually gets up at 6:15 every morning without fail, but I didn't hear a peep out of him.  At 7:00 I decided to peek in on him.  Well, I looked in there and saw that he had chewed through that wrapper like a wild animal and smeared chocolate on every square inch of himself, his sheet, his blankets, and his stuffed animals.  I took pictures, but I was kind of in shock and they didn't turn out.  I think he was quiet as a mouse because he was pretty sure I would take away the mysterious and wonderful chocolate that magically appeared in his bed.  Brett had an awesome valentine's day and I learned my lesson about leaving chocolate on kid's pillows. 


Carolyn and Andrew making valentines for Daddy.


Carolyn's backyard became even cooler with the addition of a sandbox!


I mean, really, it's like every kid's paradise back there.  We love to visit.


We're pretty much settled in at our new (rented) house, and I really love it.  It is within walking distance of the park, which is nice, but it is even closer to my favorite Gellato place, which might be problematic.  We took a trip there the first chance we got.


We don't mess around with Gellato.




This is pretty much as good as life gets.


Neither one of them can stand to waste a drop.


But Brett takes it to the next level.


We may have taken his cup away, but we didn't get to the table yet.  Don't worry- I'm sure that table has been cleaned and sanitized.  

This is kind of random, but I am totally stoked about these Target bookshelves.  I really want to get organized and settled in our new place, but we have to buy some furniture (which is fun) and moving is just expensive, so I was so excited to find these for less than twenty bucks!  I put one in all our closets.  I accidentally built one upside down, but who cares, it was only twenty bucks!


Cheap, attractive and functional- just the way I like my men.  Except for the cheap part.


I also found this cute room decor on Overstock for less than twenty bucks.  It's over 5 feet tall, so it really fills up the wall and it looks really cute with his bedding.  I love finding good deals :).

2 comments:

Glori Olsen said...

Love the decals! We have that bookcase from target too! Baby brett looks like he is thinning out and growing up.

Emily B said...

I'm glad you go a picture of your son licking gellato off of the table. That is classic. And I'm happy you guys like your new place.