We had a great Halloween this year. Brett would not be deterred from being General Grievous from the Star Wars movies, so I did my best to make him a cool costume. It did not go smoothly and I became very frustrated, but it was kind of fun to make a paper mache mask and figure out how to make extra arms. Brett thought it was awesome, so it was a success.
Three Star Wars fanatics!
Cara only tolerated her costume. She was very cute, though.
Derek convinced me to dress up like Axl Rose from Guns n' Roses. He went as their guitar player, Slash. Look how cool we are!
General Grievous was a little too hard to trick or treat in, so Brett became Darth Vadar for the night.
The boys had specific visions for their pumpkins.
Looks like Brett found some Halloween candy early.
A spider and a vampire pumpkin.
Jason is loving Tae Kwon Do. He moved up to the Yellow Senior belt. He had to break a board as part of the test.
Awesome!
He also got to compete in his first tournament. He lost his fight, but he did a great job and learned a lot.
He may have lost, but when there are only two kids in the division it is enough to get you a silver! He was totally thrilled.
Our friend Patrick from Seattle stopped by for a visit. It was great to see him.
Derek had another birthday!
Looking good in a UW tee.
He just gets handsomer with every passing year. How does he do that?
The kids made cute little napkin holders for Thanksgiving.
They did a great job.
We had a nice dinner. I am so conflicted about Thanksgiving dinner. My kids eat about three bites and are full, and it is so hard to cook with all of them bored and wanting to be entertained, so I ended up ordering dinner from Marie Calendars. Then I spent the whole day feeling like I should have cooked all of my favorite recipes. But, I know if I had cooked, I would have spent the whole day thinking "I should have just ordered dinner." I am never happy. But I am very thankful.
Especially for these guys. I love every single one of them.
Brett's preschool was taught by a witch on Halloween!
They are a pretty cute bunch of kids. We went on a field trip to a famous house.
Derek took the boys to their first football game. They had a blast and stayed up way too late.
Derek and I saw Garth Brooks. It was awesome! Probably my favorite concert ever. Garth really puts on a show!
We spend way too much time at Mcdonalds. These guys can be pretty persuasive. Cara's main words are "Nonalds" (McDonalds), "I-pad", "ba ba" (bottle), "I-phone" and "NO". What am I doing wrong?
Snuggle time on the couch is my favorite.






























No comments:
Post a Comment