Friday, October 23, 2015

Fall Activities

I have gotten behind on blogging again! Here is what we have been up to over the last few months.


The J-dog turned seven! I can't believe he is so big. We had a fun celebration.


He was very excited to start the day.


We have had a lot of fun playing Labyrinth together! The new rules are a little tricky, but I think they make the game more fun.


I never thought I would see such excitement over a chess set.


Derek and I went on a date to see the Phantom of the Opera. I have seen it quite a few times, but I really enjoyed this production. The sets and actors were very good and the music sounded great. It was a fun night out with my sweetie.


Brett wanted to sit on this wall for his five year old pictures, and I think they turned out pretty cute! Love this boy's happy and sweet personality.


I took some balloon pictures for Cara's second birthday. They are cute, but a little too dark. I need to get better at figuring out the camera. I can't believe my baby is two already; I am just not ready for her to be so big.


Fall is here and everyone knows what that means...Uesugi farms! Derek dreads this trip every year. I don't know why, I love it! It was actually much more fun this year because we went late on a weekday and there was hardly anyone else there. Last year it was really hot and the lines were really long for some admittedly kind of lame rides. We had a great time this year, though, and the kids especially loved the pumpkin blasters. 


Cute faces!


We took a train ride to locate the hidden golden pumpkins.


Three cuties beside a mountain of pumpkins!


Pumpkin Blasters! The boys love to shoot mini pumpkins at old trucks, cars and targets and watch them explode. This is the main reason we keep coming back to Uesugi farms.


He is delighted that he hit his target.


We also took a trip to the Boardwalk. I love looking for animals in the ocean. This time we spotted an otter, a sea lion and a dolphin. I hope there are no sharks lurking out there!


Cara loves minions or "na-nuns" as she calls them. Derek won her one and she loves it.


I am so thrilled to have cheap minion prizes all over my house.


Alex had some work to do in the Bay Area so he stopped by for a visit! It was so fun to catch up with him a little bit. The boys were thrilled to have someone fun to play with. Brett, especially, was so excited to find a new buddy and waited all day for uncle Alex to be done with work so they could play legos together.


Jason has developed an interest in chess. He is pretty good! We signed him up for a chess class at school, so we'll see if he continues to enjoy it. He really does not like to lose!


With Jason gone most of the day, Brett and Cara and I have taken quite a few trips to Happy Hollow to see the animals and ride the rides.


Cute buddies after a haircut.


Cara helping me get some flowers at Home Depot.


Jason's school sells ice cream after class every Friday. It's now mandatory to go get some to celebrate the end of the week. It is messy, but fun!


Jason lost a tooth! Maybe he should be a Jack O' Lantern for Halloween!


Here are some cute pics of my favorite little fashionista. She has a 70's vibe in this pic.


Rocking the kitty ears at tae kwon do.


A princess at the YMCA.


Dressed for success at Jason's school.


She got a new accessory for her birthday! A purse and a doggy- two of her favorite things.




Brett and I making silly faces.


Jason on the cow train.


Brett's preschool class took a field trip to Spina farms pumpkin patch. There are four kids in the class.


Miss Stefanie and the kids (one girl didn't go on the field trip)


Cutest pumpkin in the patch!

3 comments:

Glori Olsen said...

Overload of cuteness! Super many birthdays in one post! Love the haircut pic they look like such good buddies.

glorianne said...

I miss them so much! They just get cuter and cute Right! Thanks for sharing the pics. Love you!

glorianne said...

Autocorrect messed my comment up!!!