A cute picture of the boys when I picked them up from the first day of school. They both like their teachers and their classes- I think it's going to be a great year!
This is when I dropped them off- Cara was sad to see them go!
Jason turned nine years old! It is hard to believe! He is just the best kid.
Birthday breakfast
He really wanted a super fancy calculator. I have no idea what he plans to do with it.
Maybe plot world domination? Through math?
Mimi and Papa sent him Laser Tag! I remember playing with these with my family many years ago. The kids have had a lot of fun shooting each other. Cara loves it the most- she is ruthless!
Blowing out nine candles!
He also really wanted to go to an escape the room game. We had fun, but look at that huge goose egg he got! The kids were running around looking for clues, and he collided hard with Brett. Brett came out unscathed, but poor Jason swelled up like crazy. It kind of put a damper on the celebration, but we still managed to have fun.
Mini golfing with these weird-os.
Hole in one!
Cara and I have been hanging out every morning, just us girls. It has been so fun.
The boys got some seeds at school and they went out and planted them one day. I didn't even remember they did that until I looked out the window and saw some corn stalks growing! We also got some sweet peas and a few carrots. Maybe next year we will try a larger garden.
Our bounty. We actually decided we like the white corn from the grocery store better. Soon after this, a raccoon went rampaging through our backyard and broke the corn stalks and pretty much everything else out there. I'm so glad I don't have to rely on farming for survival. We would starve.
Another selfie with my girl. We have been visiting Happy Hollow quite a lot. She is braver than the boys were at her age- she loves going on the mini roller coaster and the frog jumper ride there. The boys never wanted to try them.
We were able to take a day trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. They were a little light on sharks this time, but we did get to see a big octopus swimming around his tank.
The mandatory trip to Ghirardelli's ice cream. Jason approves!
Jason with braces on right in time for picture day!
Derek had to work overnight, but somehow these kids convinced me to go to movie night at the school. The movie was kind of weird (The Secret Life of Pets), but we all had a great time.
Brett being very safe watching the eclipse.
Derek took me to another painting class. He got a little bored with this one and decided to paint a devil face on his moon. It is nice of him to take me to something I like more than he does! I guess it makes up for all those superhero movies we go to.














1 comment:
Love your updates!
Post a Comment