Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bug!

My baby is no longer a baby! He is a one year old toddler! What am I going to do with a toddler?!! Can you believe that in one year this peaceful little bundle...


Became this big kid?


Neither can I.

Life has changed dramatically over the last year. It has been filled with sleepless nights, constant tears (contributed by Jason and I- Derek's too tough to cry) and has spelled the end of long afternoon naps, hours spent reading books, and fancy dinners out with my sweetie.

I have loved every minute of it! Because this cute grin...


makes up for all of those things and worlds more. I love to see his sweet little face every morning and watch him learn new things every day. He has the cutest smile and the funniest laugh. He is so curious- he always wants to know "Where are you going? What are you doing? What are you playing with? What are you eating? Can I have some, too? What are we going to do next?" He is a man on the move. And now that he is walking, I am sure to be a mommy on the move as well. He just makes every day special. I love you, bug.


We had a one year old party for some of the kids in the ward at the park.


Jason had a blast playing in the water. He was totally fearless- scooting around with the big kids and stealing their water toys. They were good sports about it.


We went to the beach. It was cold and windy. Whenever it is cold and windy Jason makes old man lips. I guess his gums get cold. Behold...



Jason and his friend playing in the pool on a hot day. So fun!



4 comments:

PJMcD said...

Dang, you folks are getting old. What a handsome little man.Happy Birthday Jason. Just so you know, in Hades they play Air Supply.

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness, he's so big!! I can totally see the Bailey in him now. What a cutie!!

Glori Olsen said...

I love the old man lips! you can tell he has a cute personality--he haso much expression.

Miller Family said...

Yeah I found your blog!! Jason is such a cutie!! We need to get together for dinner soon.