Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Telephones and Shoes

Jason loves to talk on the phone. He carries them around and just talks and talks. Sometimes he actually calls people. He was talking on the phone outside yesterday-

What's this? Who's calling me?

Mom, do you mind? This could be a very important call.

Hello? Hello? Are you going to answer or what!?

Oops... I had the phone backwards!

I am also proud to report that Jason has uttered his first official word and it is.....

SHOES!

He loves his shoes. Every morning when he sees them in the family room he brings them over to me and wants to wear them with his pjs. He sometimes cries when I take them off. I have to be careful because if he is wearing his brown shoes and sees his blue shoes he wants to switch (and vise versa). I am especially proud because my first word was shoe, and it was the beginning of a lifelong obsession. To be fair, Jason has been making vroom vroom car noises for quite some time, and the same day he said shoes he also said "hi". I am counting "shoes" as his official first word because I'm in charge and can record history any way I want to.


5 comments:

PJMcD said...

Was there any coaching involved?? Where was Dad?? His first work shoulda been ROCK.

Glori Olsen said...

That is hilarious! I was talking with mom recently about how your first word was shoes...it must be genetic! (or really good taste). Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

Kim said...

I like how Jason's first word was shoe just like yours. He's getting so big.

Torrie Family said...

Derek,

Ryan needs your new phone number...please. Email us, please.

Glori Olsen said...

how did you do the stitching on the quilt several posts ago? It looks great!