We took the boys to Disneyland last week!
Derek had some vacation time so we decided to take the boys to Disneyland. My awesome parents offered to meet us there to help wrangle the boys and babysit them so Derek and I could hang out at the park together. We ended up taking ruthless advantage of them. We had so much fun! I think the boys enjoyed it almost as much as Derek and I did.
First stop was meeting the REAL Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater. Derek and I kind of thought they had a bigger "Cars" area so we had been hyping this up for months. We were a little disappointed to find they just had these two characters to meet, but Jason was totally thrilled and that's all that matters :).
Lightning McQueen's biggest fans.
Next stop (and highlight of the entire trip)...RIDE MAKERS! Derek...I mean Jason....was so excited to go in there and build a car. Derek...I mean Jason... carefully selected the body type, wheels, engines, boosters, lights and bumpers to build the sweetest ride in the world. Super sweet rides like that don't come cheap as they charge you for every single little thing you add, but it was worth it for the pure joy it brought my two silly boys. It was so funny to watch Derek try to talk Jason into picking all the stuff he thought was coolest. He mostly got his own way, but Jason was adamant that he wanted Sally Porsche instead of Derek's picks. Jason was thrilled with the car and I think we could have gone home right then without going on a single ride and Disneyland would still have been a total success.
I think Derek would have traded Brett for his new toy. You can't add working lights and booster jets to a baby, you know.
After that excitement we headed over to check out the rides. Our first choices, the castle and a movie with the Bugs Life characters totally terrified poor Jason. He was not into anything dark or enclosed or noisy. We had better luck with the rocket ship and the teacup rides. He loved those- thank goodness. For awhile there he thought Disneyland was the scariest place on earth- not the happiest place on earth.
Brett thought he needed those sunglasses.

Mugging for the camera.
Look how much fun my dad's having on the teacups!
Jason's having fun, too. He kind of looks like he's melting, though. It was pretty hot out there. When I ask Jason what he liked most about Disneyland, he says he liked eating ice cream while waiting in line for a ride the most. We took him on the Nemo submarine ride, It's a Small World ride, the Dumbo ride, the Whale ride and the train. He had a great time.
My dad was the baby whisperer. He got Brett to fall asleep in his arms several times- I have never really been able to do that.
My parents were so sweet and watched the boys back at the hotel in the afternoon so Derek and I could go on some rides. We walked around the park and met Mickey. We went on the California Soarin' ride, the Log ride, the Indiana Jones ride, and the Toy Story ride. The Toy Story ride was pretty awesome- you shoot darts at targets and the ride keeps score. Guess who beat her totally over-confident and smack talkin' husband in the traditionally male dominated field of video game skillz? I did. Yeah, that was probably the highlight of the trip for me. I guess all of those hours spent playing Adventures of Link finally paid off. Big Time.

Derek using the Mickey phone.
I think our favorite ride was the Indiana Jones ride. It was awesome...except for that scary vampire boy who followed us throughout the ride.

It is pretty easy to escape from Toon Town jail.
We stopped for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before we headed back to the airport.
Thanks mom and dad. We miss you already!

This is how we all felt after three days at Disneyland. We partied ourselves to exhaustion. It was so much fun- I can't wait to do it again!
2 comments:
I love this post! I'm glad you all had a fun time at Disneyland.
I love this post! I'm glad you all had a fun time.
Post a Comment