Thursday, June 30, 2011

Santa Cruz and the Zoo

As is usual, I'm a little behind on my blogging. We have been pretty busy this month. My sister Glori and her son Davy came to visit us at the beginning of June while her husband studied hard for step one of his medical boards. We went on quite a few outings, but I think we had the most fun visiting Santa Cruz beach.

They were so cute holding hands together!

Jason is always excited to build sand castles.

Davy having a blast.

Me and my boys on the beach.

My adorable sister Glori.

Santa Cruz is a fun beach. You can see the little amusement park behind us- Jason loved riding the race car ride. I let him go all by himself because I thought it would be a nice slow little ride around the track, but when it started massive G-forces pushed him back into his seat as the car jerked around the track. I just about had a heart attack, but he held on for dear life and loved every second of it. He cried on the carousel, but was totally ok with the crazy race cars. He asks me all the time if we can go back and ride them again.

Glori and Davy on the overpriced but fun carousel.

My cutie pie.

I had such a great time hanging out with my sister and Davy- I didn't want them to leave! She was probably ready to say good-bye to the air mattress, though, and I know Stephan was expecting to get his family back eventually. After they went home, we took the boys to the San Francisco Zoo. It's a pretty nice zoo (unless you're an elephant- they all died) and we had fun walking around and checking out the (remaining) animals.

Brett was unimpressed by the Rhino.

The Rhino was unimpressed by Brett.

Derek and his mini me.


As far as Jason was concerned the best thing about the zoo was the free map. He was delighted that he got one of his own and spent the entire trip studying the map and telling us where to go. It was a little frustrating because as soon as we got to an animal, he would not stop and look at it because he was already trying to figure out how to get to the next one.
Brett in disguise.

I keep trying to get a really great pic of the two of them together but they refuse to cooperate. This is the closest I have ever gotten.

"Really mom? Again with the camera?"

They are starting to play together sometimes. Jason likes to push him around on Tow Mater. Jason is not exactly a safe driver, but they both love it.

Brett loves stuffed animals. If you give him one, he gets the cutest smile and gives it a full body hug. So adorable :).

1 comment:

Glori Olsen said...

Love it! Brett is looking older already.