Totally unsolicited brotherly love.
I have to say, this is rare in our house. Unprecedented, even. Jason and Brett are usually in a perpetual turf war over possessions and space. It doesn't help that Brett likes to bite and tries to take a chunk out of Jason's arm whenever he feels like he is getting picked on. Jason is not an expert sharer yet. I know they will outgrow this phase and be good buddies soon, but it has been mostly battles so far. Imagine my shock when I saw them sitting together on the front step, Jason's arm around his little brother.
Maybe there is hope for the future after all!
This is Brett in the front yard methodically pulling off the petals of one of the few plants I have kept alive this year.
Me- "Brett, what do you think you are doing?"
"Lol- nothing, Mom, just pulling the petals off of this plant!"
Me- "Brett! Don't you dare touch that plant!"
"Now it's even MORE fun!"
Look at that face. You can tell- he fears me already.
Jason drew a self portrait in chalk! Look how awesome he did!
The artist and his work. And my feet.
Brett can't wear the little felt shoes I was making anymore, so I thought I would be totally cool and try to make little leather shoes for him. I found a pattern online and went out looking for supplies. I discovered that cheap leather in a decent color is not easy to find. I finally shelled out 15 bucks for a couple of tiny scraps. I needed some special leather-puncturing needles and a couple of other supplies, and I paid five bucks for the pattern.
So, 35 dollars and 7 hours later I ended up with this.
The stupidest looking baby shoe in the world.
Notice there is only one. I re-did this shoe twice and it still came out looking this bad, and it was not fun at all to make. My poor sewing machine was making noises like it was about to croak and practically smoking out the sides from the effort of sewing through leather, and I decided that if I had to add sewing machine repair costs to the price of these stupid shoes I would feel like a complete idiot.
Next time I will just get these:
$29 on Amazon.
Oh, well, not everything can turn out cute, right?






2 comments:
Your boys are so cute. And they will be so much fun when they figure out they can be friends instead of enemies. My boys are great friends (not all the time, and they definitely didn't start out that way), and it's so fun to watch.
Claire, you are still terminally clever. Great pictures too. Jason is quite the young artist, and apparently a strategic hugger of note. Watch that boy.
Post a Comment