Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gilroy Gardens and Jason turns 3!

We took the boys to a little amusement park called Gilroy Gardens.  It was fun because the rides were all small, gentle rides aimed at the under 10 set and the park was really pretty.  It was a fun Saturday outing!

 Ready for fun!

 Brett and Daddy.  I don't think I mentioned it on the blog yet, but on August 16th this little guy took his first steps and said his first word.  (I'm talking about Brett, not Derek).  His first word was "Hi" but his second word was "Da-da".  He just loves his daddy- every time he hears the garage door opening he runs over to the door and says "da da da da da da!".  When daddy gets home I may as well be chopped liver because he only has eyes for his daddy.  They have a special bond.  It is so cute.

A monkey on the monkey bars.

 Daddy and Jason's favorite ride.

 Me and my boys.

 We rode in a swan paddle boat.  All of the rides were so cute!

 We had such a fun day.

Jason turned three this month!  We had a craft day party and another party at home.

 At Carolyn's house for the birthday celebration!


 Jason's friend Alexander.



 Birthday cupcakes!

 They had a slip n' slide over there that was probably the highlight of the party.


We got a pinata for our family party.  Lightning McQueen, of course.

 The pinata turned out to be surprisingly sturdy.  Jason wasn't making a dent, so Derek blindfolded me and I took a whack at it.  I just swung at whatever Derek pointed me at and that turned out to be Jason. So Jason got a birthday whack courtesy of mommy (but I blame Derek, I really do).  I was too traumatized to continue, so Derek took that bat and his inner 10 year old came out.  He viciously and mercilessly beat the pinata to death, causing Brett to cry and Jason to say "That's enough Daddy!"  Maybe the pinata was not the best idea.  It was memorable, though.

 They did enjoy finding the prizes after the carnage was over.

 See, no lasting damage from the head trauma.  He's fine.

 Jason got a sweet bike for his birthday.  He loves it- we go on two bike rides a day.  Yesterday we saw a guy washing a motorcycle that was painted red and black just like his bike.  He got so excited and said "hey, my bike is just like yours!"  They guy said, "yeah, we  have pretty cool rides, don't we?"  Jason said "yeah, but mine has a bell!!!"  So, he wins, I guess.

Riding off into the sunset :).

1 comment:

Glori Olsen said...

You guys are all so funny! I love the pinata fiasco. Thats how our kodak moments turn out to. Love Jason's look of surprised disbelief that good stuffs in the pinata.