Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween 2011!

 Happy Halloween!

I know it's not quite Halloween yet, but we have been trick or treating all weekend, and I think we are Halloweened out.  But we had a great time and the costumes were a hit!

Soooo...

Are you ready for some MONSTERS?!!!


Jason as Sully Monster!


Brett as Mike Wazowski!


Me as Celia!

Derek got to go as... Derek.  I ran out of steam before I could come up with a costume for him, and he emphatically stated many times that he would really prefer to not dress up and that he was happy just being himself and that he did not feel left out.  He just went as Derek monster, which is what he is when he wakes up too early.  (just kidding).

I had a great time working on the costumes.  I learned a lot.  For instance, I learned that putting in zippers enrages me to the point that I'm just glad my innocent babes were in bed so I wouldn't have to explain what all the new and exciting vocabulary words coming out of my mouth meant.  Well, it was mostly just mormon swearing, but usually they only hear words of peace and love and patience and never a raised voice from me.  I hope you all believe that.  Anyway, I also learned that yanking as hard as you can on a stuck zipper that you just spent 40 minutes putting in will not unstick it.  It will simply break the zipper, forcing you to say the worst mormon swear word you can think of, unpick all of your work and go back to the fabric store for the 15th time to buy a new zipper.  

But I did have a lot of fun and I really love how they turned out!  Here's some more pics.

Grrrr...














 
We went to Downtown Campbell for trick or treating on Friday night.  It was lots of fun.

Another Downtown pic.

This was at the ward trunk or treat.  They had some fun games and just the right amount of candy- way too much!


What's the point of having kids if you can't use them as your own personal dress up dolls?  Halloween is awesome- we had a great time.  I am already plotting for next year.... :).

5 comments:

Michael Bailey said...

Mind-blowingly cute. Unfortunately, you make all the other young mothers sick. Really, those are seriously professinal looking costumes.

Kim said...

Wow Claire! What adorable costumes! You are amazingly talented. I agree with your dad...they look very professional. I think you should start a business.

Catherine said...

Very impressive! I can't even imagine how long it took yOu to make those! You all look so cute!

Glori Olsen said...

I think you should keep your medusa hair out to put on when you're having a bad day .

John, Carolyn and Family said...

OH MY GOSH CLAIRE!!!! I had no idea! You are absolutely amazing! I can not even fathom such an undertaking! Your costumes - especially yours - are soooo incredibly perfect. Good for you!