Monday, November 14, 2011

Boys Being Boys



I love my little boys.  I love how they are endlessly entertained by cars, trains, trucks and tools.  I love that they are irresistablly drawn to anything muddy, dirty or messy.  I don't love it when I have to clean them up afterwards- but it sure is fun to watch my boys just being boys.


My good friend Carolyn and I took our boys to the park last week.  It was a really beautiful park with ducks to feed, geese to chase, bridges to climb and secret hiding places to discover.  The boys had a great time.



 Chasing the geese.  They were not easily scared, but four wild boys forced them to take cover in the pond.


Brett was pretty excited about his leaf.


Jason and Alexander loved to race across the bridges.  Thankfully, no one got wet.


The ducks and geese got at least half of our lunch.


Jason loved to find secret hiding spots in the leaves.



 Jason still loves to ride his bike every day.  He zooms down the driveway at lightning speed!


Brett is an expert walker now.  He is so independent.  He hates to be carried and he refuses to even let anyone hold his hand.  He is perfectly capable of doing everything himself, thank you very much.


Speak softly and carry a really, really big stick.


A fall day at the park.


Swingin' with my boys.


How do you keep four boys busy for an hour?  Give them some shovels, buckets and dirt and get out of the way!


 I don't know what they were building, but they were absolutely focused on it.


 I'm so glad I'm a boy!

1 comment:

Michael Bailey said...

Fun new post. The boys seem so cute and independent, and you look pretty cute yourself!