Sunday, November 20, 2011

Makes me laugh...




Jason is always dropping his toys in the back seat of the car while I am driving and it makes him so mad.  He always wants me to retrieve them for him, but I can't because I am driving.  We were driving the other day and I hear the telltale clatter of a toy car dropping from his seat.  I expected the usual earsplitting shrieks, but heard nothing.  I asked him if he dropped a car, and he said "yes, mom but I'm just using my favorite toes to pick it up." I don't know which toes are his favorite, but I'm glad my monkey is learning some monkey skills.  

We are kind of having a hard time potty training.  I am constantly asking him if he needs to go potty or if he is stinky.  Now whenever I ask, he just says "I dunno.  Smell me."  It's kind of gross, but kind of funny.  

He talks like a little adult sometimes.  He will periodically ask me "are you doing okay, mommy?  Is there anything I can get you?" "What can I help you with, mommy?""Can I join you in the living room?" (he also throws massive tantrums.  He is not as angelic as that makes him sound :) ).  He also constantly thinks the baby needs a nap.  He says "Mommy, I think Brettley is grumpy and could use a nap.  Then he will feel much better."  (Not to mention, Jason doesn't have to share his toys when the baby is napping!)

Little Brett is the funniest, cutest thing ever right now.  I am planning on a post all about Brettley coming soon!

1 comment:

Glori Olsen said...

Hey Claire, just realized I copied your post down to the festive thanksgiving hat. Sorry! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!