Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Merry Christmas!

I thought I would catch up with our holiday activities this year.  We had a very low-key Thanksgiving.  Derek had to work most of the day, so we just ordered a delicious dinner from Whole Foods and called it good.  It didn't hold a candle to my mom's dinners, but I did enjoy no cooking or cleaning with two monsters underfoot.  Maybe next year I will tackle a turkey again.

"Big Eddie!  What did they do to you, Big Eddie?!"
I enjoyed using my pretty dishes.  This would be a lot more impressive if I actually cooked any of it.

We have been getting into the holiday spirit around here!  We decorated the Christmas tree.



 Brett loved all the teddy bears.  He would pick them all off the tree and carry them around.  He did not want to put them back up!

 He's kind of a tubby little teddy bear himself :).

 Jason did a great job putting the ornaments on the tree.  

We decorated gingerbread houses.

 Most of the candy mysteriously disappeared while we were building it.  A few days later, after Jason went to bed, I ate all the bananas off the roof.  He woke up and was extremely disturbed that they were gone.  He asked me what happened to the bananas he decorated the roof with but I pled ignorance.  Then I told him Daddy ate them.

 We like to play candy land in the dining room.  It's very peaceful in there.

Finally, we went to the ward Christmas party.  The boys had a great time running around like crazy monkeys.



We have all been feeling a little under the weather lately.  It's not much fun, but it is pretty nice to be all cozy in jammies watching movies on a rainy day.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Very cute. It looks like Brett and Jason are having a lot of fun.