Spiderman better watch out- his worst enemies are on the loose this halloween! Get ready for the villainous duo of DOCTOR OCTOPUS and THE LIZARD!
They could not be more terrifying!
For those of you who may not be up to speed on the Spiderman mythos, here are some pictures of the comic book fiends.
Doctor Otto Octavius was once a brilliant scientist who used four mechanical arms to help him in his scientific experiments. A terrible lab accident fused the arms to his body and turned him into the criminal known as DOC OCK.
Doctor Curtis Conners lost one of his arms in the war. He performed experiments to discover the secrets of lizard regeneration. He developed a serum and tested it on himself. The serum successfully regenerated his arm, but it also transformed him into a reptilian monster!
I had so much fun making these costumes and Jason was really excited to be Doc Ock. Brett didn't have much of a say in his costume, but he liked being the lizard, especially when Derek told him how cool he was.
Do NOT mess with Doc Ock.
He looks cute, but he will destroy you!
Grrrr…
The steel tentacles were definitely the hardest part of the costume. They had to be really lightweight and removable so Jason could sit in the carseat. He also really wanted them to light up! I ended up using wire hangers to make the arms (attached to this weird plastic thing I found outside of Target on the ground) and some aluminum tubing I found on the web (at a car supply store). The claws are made out of wire, paper and those disposable pie pans at the grocery store. I also found some really tiny inexpensive flashlights that worked perfectly to light up the centers! It doesn't show up in pictures very well, but they were really bright!
The lizard will get you!!!
I TOOK Spiderman's head….and made it into a TREAT BUCKET!!!
I can barley hold my treat bucket!
We went trick or treating at downtown Campbell and then went to the ward trunk or treat the next day. Here are some more pics!
This is what you get when you tell Brett to smile!
We ran into some spidermen. They were excited to see their arch nemisis.
Brett enjoying some candy. He is an addict now.
Derek wasn't feeling too well, but he was a trooper :).
At the ward trunk or treat.
They had some fun games to play and lots of candy.
Brett was in candy Nirvana! We all had such a great time this year. I love having two cuties to play dress up with!
_Head.jpg)


5 comments:
Claire, those costumes are adorable! I am amazed at how you can design such things! I just love the octopus arms. And your kids are adorable too, of course :).
I wish I could see those crazy octo-arms light up! Brett is looking like a little boy instead of a toddler. Growing so fast!
I love the adorable smile on your "scary" lizard's face. These costumes are awesome, Claire.
Claire, you're awesome. And your kids are cute as can be. Wish we were going to see you at Thanksgiving!
You did an amazing job making the costumes, Claire! I love seeing the costumes you make for your cute boys each year.
Post a Comment