Thursday, October 25, 2012

Preschool Pics and Fall Fun!

Jason's preschool had picture day earlier this month, and as anyone who reads this blog knows the one thing we are short on is pictures of our kids.  I was totally not going to spring for overpriced pics of the boys when we pretty much have their every waking moment documented, but I stopped by the front desk to check them out and saw this:


I bought four copies.

I couldn't resist!  Look at those cuties in their matching shirts!  They are both smiling!  They're hugging!  Those Teddy Bear Portrait people know we can't resist.


I honestly don't know how they managed to get such good shots of my kids.  Jason adores preschool- I'm really happy with his teacher and I think he is becoming more confident and independent.  I ask him how school was, though, and he just says "fine".  I ask him what he did that day and he says "I don't know. Stuff."  I thought he wouldn't do that until high school!


My Brettley.  He is so cute.  The other day I was driving him around and I stabbed myself in the forehead with my thumbnail (cause I'm smart like that) and I yelled OWWW!  Brett said "are you ok?" I was very touched that he was concerned about me, but then he said "Be tough like Wolverine, Mommy."  Nothing like being told you're a wuss by your two year old.

Fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm always excited to find activities to do with the boys so they will love it as much as I do.  We went over to Uesugi farms (I still don't know how to pronounce that) to see the pumpkin weigh off, ride some trains, go on a hayride and shoot some pumpkins at trucks.  Two guesses what the favorite activity was :).


Sitting on a hay bale with the massive pumpkin behind them.


The boys on a hayride.

We also went to a bouncy house pumpkin patch that the kids LOVED.




They enjoyed it so much we went back the next week for more.


Jason went down the slides a hundred times.  He loved every second of it!




Dancing.  I never met a kid who likes to sing and dance as much as Brett does!

Next stop:  Halloween!  I just love this time of year!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the Wolverine comment. I can totally see Derek saying that to the boys :). I can't wait to see this year's Halloween costumes!

Ginny said...

They are adorable Claire! I wish Jason and Ollie could go to preschool together :( We miss you guys and wish we could be doing all the fun fall stuff with you!