Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rock Stars



I took the boys to a little zoo a couple of weeks ago.  It was kind of fun to try a new place, but it was pretty far away, traffic was horrible, and most of the animals they had there were things that I would want to kill or exterminate if I found them anywhere near my house.


They had plenty of black widows, hissing cockroaches, big old tarantulas, snakes, rats, bees and bugs of all varieties.  Maybe the owners didn't have funding for real animals and just corralled the pests from their yards.


I didn't mind this duck.


This bird was ok, too.  Everything else could go.


I was looking for a baby shower gift at Nordstrom Rack and found this sweet jacket on clearance.  As soon as Jason saw it he said it was a Rock Star jacket. It's getting pretty warm for jackets, but I figure Brett can wear it next year.  Turns out Daddy has his own Rock Star jacket, so here they are being awesome together.


Rock on, dudes.


 Guns n' Roses forever, man.


I was hanging out with Brett one morning in the family room and heard someone loudly knocking on the back window. I went to see who it could be, and saw this duck aggressively beating on the window with his bill.  Brett and I gave them some bread and they just walked around the backyard all morning like they owned the place.  I don't know where they came from, but they were definitely not afraid of us.


My sister!  We went to visit my parents and Glori and Stephan in Arizona for a week.  It was so much fun to see them and I finally got to meet baby Danny.  We had so much fun hanging out with them all week- I wish we lived closer!


We took the boys to the park.  Look at Brett's adorable, mischievous face.  He is the cutest.


Glori and I set up a pirate treasure hunt for the boys.


On the way to the park we gave them shovels and told them they were going to go find buried treasure. As soon as Jason got out of the car he ran out into the park and wildly screamed "START DIGGING!!!"  He was going to dig up that whole park if necessary.  Fortunately, the pirates left some clues to narrow down the search.


Digging in the general vicinity.


X marks the spot!


Davy and Jason had so much fun together.  We were so sad to leave.


J-dog being silly.  My kids are already total gamers.  I thought I would keep them away from video games until they were at least in college, but I-pads and husbands and lego games have already defeated my good intentions.  They are both better than I am at angry birds.  When Jason is playing lego games, he totally smack talks his opponents.  The other day listening to him play I heard him say in the most smack talking-est voice "You want to buy something?  Well, here's a free dollar!"  I don't know what it means, but it is funny.  Also overheard: "you want to play me, well, were playing now, baby" and "I need some tokens, baaad guyyyys".  If you ever need some nonsensical smack talk, you know who to ask.

2 comments:

Emily B said...

My boys are gamers. I wanted to keep them away from video games too, but I think playing video games just goes along with being a boy.

Glori Olsen said...

We miss you guys! Davy loves his new shovel from pirate Claire.