Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer so far...

Well, I got a little bit lazy about blogging, and suddenly I have a million pictures to post!  Here's some of the fun stuff we have been up to this summer.



 The boys and I have taken quite a few trips to Happy Hollow.


Feeding the goats.


Another goat.


While we were there I found a diamond ring in the parking lot!  I gave it to lost and found- I hope the owner claims it!


We celebrated the Fourth in downtown Los Gatos.  They had a picnic lunch and some games and prizes for the kiddos.


At the duck pond.


Jason was really excited about the dunk tank!


Feeling patriotic with a flag and a sucker.

I let the boys stay up really late and we crashed some street fireworks shows.  Jason loved it, but poor Brett was pretty freaked out by all the noise.  I think he thought we were under attack.  Maybe he'll be more into it next year.


Derek and his good friend Nate went to Vegas to watch an MMA fight.  The guy they were rooting for won, so they had a great time.  I have no idea who any of these people are, but since this is supposed to be Derek's blog, too, I'll post the pics.  Here's Derek with some fighter.


 This guy is Chael Sonnen.  He keeps losing to Anderson Silva, which has made Derek very depressed.


Derek with another fighter.


Yep, another fighter.


Derek and Nate in the Octagon!  I think they look pretty legit.


 Derek's arch nemesis, Anderson Silva, was finally defeated by Chris Weidman!  Go USA!  Or something!  Whatever, I'm just glad they had fun.


OK, back on familiar ground.  Nate and Connie and their boys came to visit us for the rest of the week. We were so excited to hang out with them!  We had a great time.  First we went to Gilroy Gardens.


Nate and Connie and Cael.


Daddy and Brett.


Waiting in line for the cars ride.


Trying on funny hats.




Ahh, shark attack!


My cutie pie.


Riding the race cars.


As soon as we buckled the seat belts, they knocked out.  I guess it was a successful morning.


Next, we went to the Boardwalk at Santa Cruz.  We stayed overnight in Aptos.


Jason loved playing in the waves with dad.


Brett was not crazy about the waves, but he did enjoy chasing the seagulls.


Building sandcastles with Cael.


We went to the beach that night to roast marshmallows.


 We just love the Bittners!


Nate, Connie, Bryce and Cael.




I turned 35!  I tried to keep my birthday on the down low, but Nate and Connie found out and surprised me with an ice cream cake!


I also got the most beautiful flowers from my friends Patrick and Noelle McDonald in Seattle.  It was such a nice surprise and made me feel so special on my birthday :).


Connie and I took the boys to the park to ride the train back in Los Gatos.  We had so much fun with the Bittners.  We were sorry to send them back home.  Jason and Brett are already missing their buddies.


Finally, we celebrated Brett's birthday.  I can't believe my little guy is three years old!


Jason with his party hat.


Tradition dictates a piñata.  This year- Spiderman!


Opening presents.  Brett was so thrilled.


Just when we thought the party was over, Julie and Ryan brought over one last gift.


Ryan and Brett.

Whew!  I guess I am all caught up.  I think things are going to slow down again until October- then life will get interesting again!  It has been so much fun to spend July with friends and family :).

2 comments:

Emily B said...

I showed all the fighter pictures to my husband, and he knew all of them. He loves MMA too. He was really happy Anderson Silva got knocked out too.

I love the picture of you in the duck. I'm glad you guys are having a fun summer!!

Aaron said...

Thanks for posting pics. I like seeing what you guys are up to. Looks like you are having a fun summer. Happy late birthday, Claire! Hope it was a good one. I can't believe Brett is 3 now. You have such cute boys. I wish we lived closer...our boys would be great friends.