Sunday, September 1, 2013

End of Summer

Well, summer is almost over and we're ready to get back into the preschool routine again.  It really seemed to go by fast!  I had big ambitions for doing summer preschool lessons with the kids every day and going to the beach all summer, but I only made it to letter B in preschool, and we only managed to make it to the beach once.  We still had a great time, though, and fall is my favorite time of the year.  I can't wait for hot chocolate and cool weather and pumpkins and halloween!  I hope the blog isn't too boring with a million pics of our mugs, but I don't really know what else to put on here.  Here's some of our last summer activities.


Jason on his first day of preschool.  He is in Mrs. Lori's class again, three days a week.


Hugs.


Our friends from Seattle, Patrick and Noelle McDonald were in town, so we met them and went to a museum/ aquarium in San Francisco.  It was pretty awesome- dinosaur bones, crocodiles, a simulated rainforest with real butterflies floating around everywhere, electric eels and fish, lots of creepy crawlies, and a planetarium.  I will have to take the boys back to explore all the things we didn't get to.


Me and Noelle.



Patrick and Noelle are always so thoughtful.  How did they know the boys would like superhero hats?  It was pretty chilly in San Fran, so they were perfect.


This is at the rainforest exhibit.  They let the spiders just roam free!  Shouldn't those suckers be contained?  I'm assuming they aren't poisonous, but I was afraid one would drop right on my head.  They also had millions of butterflies flying around that would just land on you, but I kept thinking they were spiders and freaking out.



I think he should be in a cage.



I got a little fancy with Brett's yearly blocks picture.  I used props!  I can't believe my little guy is three already.


This Saturday we went to a big LEGO convention.  The boys were in heaven.


They had some pretty impressive LEGO builds and quite a few activities for the kids.


Building HERO FACTORIES!  This was probably their favorite thing at the convention because they had a lot of new characters to create.


In a sea of LEGOS.


My three favorite guys- Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.  Just kidding.  The other ones.


I'm putting these in because Brett was so funny.  He's imitating the Lego faces in the pics.  Here he is as  Donatello.


Raphael.


Michaelangelo.


And KAI.  Don't mess with Brettley.



Me and my boys :).


We went out for lunch and dessert afterwards...


Then rode the light rail home and took a two hour nap!  All in all, a pretty fun Saturday!

1 comment:

Aaron Alme said...

Oh, wow, Derek and Claire, your boys are getting so big! Great to see pics of all of you! Jealous of the Lego convention ... I would have been there in a heartbeat! Sure there were some cool Lego airplanes and helis there. ;) Still very much hoping for a visit to Montana! Alme