Saturday, June 20, 2015

Bailey Family Reunion and the Beginning of Summer

For the first time in many years, we had a Bailey family reunion! It was wonderful to see everyone, and I'm so glad everyone could get their vacations and schedules lined up to make it. All the little cousins are about the same age (with Madeline being the oldest and the one everyone wanted to play with!). They had a great time playing together and it was wonderful to spend some time catching up with my siblings. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera and so the only pics I have are from my phone. We met up at Grandpa Howard's cabin for the first night. It was fun to pull out the canoe and the atvs, make smores, and search for deer in the hills.


Uncle Stephan taking the boys out in the canoe.


Jason having too much fun!


Derek looking pretty awesome on an ATV. Both he and Aaron took their offspring on wild rides that made the sane people in the family a little nervous.


Catherine, Glori and little Danny O.

We then drove to Aspen Grove in Provo. They had group activities, crafts, and games set up for the families to participate in. The best part was they had kids activities and babysitting for the whole day so that the parents could have a break and do the projects. Our kids didn't totally cooperate with the babysitting, but we still got to do most of the activities and the kids had fun, too.


Our group name was the Bailioliaus. Alex was the only one who was willing and able to say it correctly. This bucket had a bunch of holes in it and we were supposed to plug the holes and fill it up with water as quickly as possible. It pretty much devolved into Alex and Derek drenching Stephan with freezing water because that was more fun.


The view was pretty spectacular. Both the view of my husband and the view behind him, ha ha.


Here I am making a pen! The crafts were my favorite part. I made a pen and used a pottery wheel to make a clay pot. We also did archery, laser tag and mini golfing. Glori and I also did a rope course where we climbed up a log and a rock wall and then rappelled back down. I was so scared I was shaking all over when I made it to the top, but we did it!



It was also Dad's birthday! We celebrated by getting him a cake he didn't eat! The kids enjoyed it, though.


Happy Birthday, Dad. We love you!


Derek and Cara at Cowboy City.


Glori was an archery master! She just picked up the bow and put every arrow right in the center! She got the second highest score at camp (she was second by one point). She would totally survive if she was ever in a hunger games situation. Alex was also a pretty good shot. I put most of my arrows in the black tarp above the target.  

I wish I had more pictures- we had so much fun at Aspen Grove. I hope we can all get together again before too long.


Derek and I got to go to the U2 concert with his mission buddy Ryan Thompson and his wife. It was a great show!


Cara sitting on the wall. This is the only pic out of ten where she isn't crying! She is not very cooperative with my picture taking ambitions.


She already likes to shop. She just walks around, pulling random items off the shelves and carrying them around with her.


We went out for a picnic at Vasona Park.


At the end of the year carnival put on by Jason's school.





Jason had a kindergarten promotion. It was extremely cute, but poor Brett was both bored and a little jealous. He looked like this in every picture.


It's a little silly to have a Kindergarten promotion, but it was adorable and J-dog was thrilled. He absolutely loved school and his teacher this year. 


With his teacher, Mrs. Sheikh.


My cuties at the Jungle. I thought we might be bored this summer, but so far we have been busy and entertained every day! I have a great time with my silly and sweet kiddos.

1 comment:

glorianne said...

Such darling pictures! I can't wait to hug everyone in a few weeks. Can't get enough of these cute grandkids or their mommy and daddy either!