Derek had an unexpected day off, so we all decided to go to the beach and the Boardwalk!
Jason loved going in the waves with Daddy. Brett preferred to chase the seagulls and stay far away from the ocean. Cara enjoyed harassing the seagulls, too.
We heard a sea lion honking and spotted him swimming not too far from us.
I really enjoyed this ride at the Boardwalk- I felt like Superman flying!
Cara and me. I carefully photoshopped out the lady behind me. Totally professional job, isn't it.
Boys having fun.
I have been saving fourth of July outfits for six months :). I had to do a photo shoot.
We had a great time picnicking, barbecuing, throwing water balloons, and watching fireworks.
We went to a celebration at the local park. They had these dancing grannies come out with their white bouffants and their patriotic uniforms and dance and sing for us. It was very cute.
Derek really gets into balloon fights. Look at the terror on Jason's face.
Shooting off poppers.
I love these Lily of the Nile flowers. They always bloom in purple fireworks just in time for the fourth of July!
Derek and the kids love to hang out in the hot tub. I took the boys to see actual fireworks at Almaden Lake Park for the first time. We had to walk pretty far, but we got great seats and I think the boys loved it. The fireworks were pretty spectacular exploding above the lake. It was funny because there was a big flock of ducks floating peacefully on the lake. As soon as the first fireworks went off, the panicked ducks all started quacking and flying out of there as fast as they could. I hope they found a fireworks- free lake to settle in.
Derek wanted to check out some apartments he is investing in, so we took a short trip to Arizona. It was so fun to see my parents! We visited a really amazing butterfly observatory. There were hundreds of butterflies and moths flying everywhere.
Cara as soon as she noticed all the butterflies.
Pointing out a couple on the ground.
They keep it warm and humid in that room! It was fun but we were all melting a little bit.
Group picture! It was so nice to be home for a short visit. We all enjoyed swimming in the pool, exercising and biking, and just hanging out with my parents. Derek and I also got to go on some fun dates in the evenings. We were sad to leave!
Back home in California, we got to celebrate Brett's 5th birthday! He had his day all planned out. Every time I do something special for a birthday, I am required to do it every single year. Those kids don't forget anything! He wanted his room filled with balloons while he was sleeping (don't ever start that tradition), a birthday crown, a teenage mutant ninja turtle piƱata, a special breakfast, and dinner and a chocolate milkshake with sprinkles at Red Robin. How can I disappoint such a cute birthday boy?
No one likes a special breakfast more than Brett. He just wanted bacon and sausage, but I added in some fruit and cinnamon bread to round it out.
Cara enjoyed the party atmosphere.
Jason got to open one gift, himself. I don't remember getting gifts on my sibling's birthdays.
He was so thrilled with his gifts and had a great time. He is already plotting how to spend the Lego gift certificate from the Liaus. He had a great day.
He makes a pretty menacing Darth Vadar.
May the force be with you!





























No comments:
Post a Comment