Top o' the mornin' to ya!
As expected, the boys insisted on building leprechaun traps again this year. Brett's had a ladder and a false floor over a pit. He wanted to catch a leprechaun so much he left his own money as bait.
Jason had the great idea to line the floor with double sided tape so the leprechaun would get stuck.
It was a brilliant plan, but the Leprechaun escaped, leaving only a pair of itty bitty shoes stuck on the tape. Jason was so excited, he brought them to school and showed everyone evidence of his leprechaun. Brett's leprechaun left his rope and a couple of prizes for him to find. Those imps sure are sneaky! Maybe we'll catch one next year.

The kiddos before heading off to school on St. Patrick's day. I think we celebrated more than the Irish do!
We brought an all green lunch for the kids at Brett's preschool to eat. The broccoli didn't get touched.
We also had green Gatorade, green pasta and pesto sauce and some very spicy guacamole. The lunch was a little sophisticated for picky five year olds, but Stefanie and I enjoyed it!
Cute Brettley.
Cara found a toy to play with in the car. I looked back and there she was, happy as a clam under her umbrella.
We often go to Chipotles as a treat after TKD practice.
Brett insisted on wearing his green bowtie to church even though St. Patrick's day was long over.
We had not one, not two, but three Easter egg hunts this year. My friend Liz invited us to her house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt on Saturday.
The Burtz's have an arcade game with about 50 old video games on it! They were all the games that Derek played and mastered in high school. He showed the boys all the tricks to the games, and beat them mercilessly at every one.
We had a fun egg hunt in the backyard. They Burtz's also have a chicken coop and chickens, which the kids loved.
Cara going through her loot. She got one of the best prizes- a stormtrooper action figure- that the boys kept plotting to steal from her. She is no pushover, though. She wasn't going to let anyone take that stormtrooper from her!
Dying eggs without clothes on reduces the chances of a mess!
We had our own egg hunt in our backyard the next day.
I hide an egg in the fountain every year, and it is always the one they can't find!
Jason finally got it.
Brett found a lucky golden egg!
They would hardly stand still for a picture.
All Jason wanted was a pair of night vision goggles in his Easter basket. I have no idea why. He has been wearing them constantly.
The table looked very pretty but no one around here cares very much except me.
I can't resist a few more pics. They were so cute in the outfits Grandma and Grandpa Liau sent. Thank you!
We had a wonderful Easter together. I am grateful for my family, and for the miracle of the atonement. We had a great time learning more about the Savior and spending fun family time together!



























1 comment:
I think your table looks beautiful! I love the pic at the end with their heads leaning together those cuties!
Post a Comment