One of the final projects for Jason's class was to make a recycled object. We made a jet pack out of empty water bottles and cardboard. It was a hit with his friends.
We had a lot of fun putting it together.
I completely forgot about Cinco De Mayo but there must have been something in the air, because...
I made a Mexican feast of fajitas and salsa and Cara was wearing her colorful headband. When Derek came home for dinner he said "Oh, are we celebrating cinco de mayo now?" Apparently we are!
Brett and Cara at the YMCA
Cara looooves to go get McDonalds toys. She doesn't really like to eat there, but sometimes we go and just get a toy. She really liked these emoji pillows. Sometimes when I go to get her out of bed in the morning, she wakes up, looks at me, and says "Nonalds?" hopefully. It is one of her favorite things.
Jason and Brett putting Legos together at the mall.
We had one final field trip for preschool. We visited a working farm that had rabbits, goats, sheep and cows. It was a fairly long hike to get to the farm, and the kids had to be dragged the last half mile there and all the way back down to the car again.
Brett found a butterfly to hold.
Jason presenting his amazing Flat Stanley project. Grandma Liau did such an amazing job- it was by far the best in the class. Jason was so proud! Thank you so much for helping him with his project.
Brett's preschool graduation!
We love Miss Stefanie. Preschool was so fun for both of us this year.
She made him a cute photo book of all the activities we did together this year.
Jason was thrilled to get a trophy for completing his chess class. He thought he would just get a pawn, but he ended up with a knight. I think he wants to continue with the class next year.
Jason and his teacher, Miss Holbrook, on the last day of school.
We started summer off by going strawberry picking. It was an hour drive, and we got stuck in traffic for 20 extra minutes, so I was hoping it was worth the hassle! Thankfully, we all had a great time and the kids loved picking the strawberries.
Cara wore her strawberry dress for the occasion.
We ended up with tons of delicious strawberries! They really were so much better than the supermarket ones. We went home and made strawberry shortcake and lots and lots of freezer jam.
Looking mysterious with a strawberry.
We finished the trip with a couple of slices of strawberry rhubarb and dutch apple pie with fresh apple juice. It was a fun way to ring in the summertime!






















3 comments:
Love these cute kids!! The recycled jet pack was amazing! You are so creative. Wish I could be there and help out with these fun activities. Love, mom
Your kiddos are getting so big and I love the jet pack you made. I always like seeing what you guys are up to.
Ditto on the jet pack and I love the strawberry dress! What a cute family and momma!
Post a Comment