Brett had a birthday! He says he feels very wise now that he is 6 years old. He knows he is wise because the birthday song they sang to him in primary said "One year older and wiser, too.. Happy Birthday to you!"
He got his fancy breakfast, heavy on the sausage and bacon, please.
They just decided to tae kwon do the piñata to death this year. It actually worked better than the stick.
Thank you Mimi and Papa! We have enjoyed playing this fun game.
Brett is crazy about pokemon right now and requested a specific pokemon cake.
Anything for our sweet, smiley, smart, happy kiddo. He brightens every day for me and I love hanging out with him. We are lucky to have our Brettley!
Derek had an unexpected day off, so we headed to the beach. We had a great time and caught several rare pokemon on our video game that the boys and I are a little addicted to.
Derek has been a Guns n' Roses fan for years, and we got the chance to go to their reunion concert. It was really fun! They have gotten a little older, balder and fatter than they were back in '93 and the crowd was more middle aged than Derek remembered from the last concert, but they were still pretty rockin'. Actually, Slash, the guitar player, was amazing. We have been to see several of the groups that were big while we were in high school and it has been a lot of fun.
Lining up outside the stadium.
We all coordinated so nicely for church, I had Derek take some pictures.
Love these kids.
We spent several summer days at Happy Hollow.
Cara riding her favorite BLUE car.
Brett sleeps on a towering pile of stuffed animals every night. You wouldn't think that would be comfortable.
Uncle Alex stopped in for a visit! It was so much fun to see him! We had a great time. Here he is playing checkers with Cara.
We got some Artisanal pizza.
We also had some delicious, uniquely flavored, ice cream.
The kids loved hanging out with Uncle Alex and I enjoyed catching up with him. I hope the whole family, including Tosh, can come have a vacation in California sometime soon! We would love it.
Cara modeling her dress.
Climbing the trees.
Cara was a little excited to be in the line to hit the piñata at a friends birthday party!
She could almost reach it!
Out to breakfast at Los Gatos Cafe. School begins tomorrow, and summer is over. It went by so fast. I don't know who is more disappointed about school starting, me or the kids. I have so much fun hanging out with them and will miss them when they go to school.


























1 comment:
These are so fun. Happy Birthday Brett! I wish I could come back and hug those cuties!
Post a Comment