Friday, April 28, 2017

Easter 2017


We had a fun Easter this year. The kids were so excited to dye eggs. We moved it outside to try to contain the mess a little!


I don't think they ended up with any intact eggs at the end.


Brett with his Liau egg.


Cara posing as the Easter bunny in a furry dress and ears. The ears were cute, but they sure didn't stay on very well!


I wanted to get some family pictures before church, but Cara went outside and saw that her dyed eggs had been attacked by ants. She was extremely disturbed.


She tried to smile.


But the ants are eating her eggs!


She managed a little smile in the end.


She did better hanging out with daddy.


They all were pretty excited to start hunting for eggs!


Found one!


We finally used our dining table for the first time and tried out a few new recipes for Easter. They were mostly successful. For some reason, the cheesecake I made puffed up super high in the oven, then completely deflated when I took it out. It looked terrible, but it still tasted delicious. I'll have to figure out what went wrong.


Derek took me on a date to go painting. It was so much fun! Derek always talks about his lack of artistic ability and how his grade school teachers never thought he was taking his artwork projects seriously, but I think his painting turned out awesome! He is a man of many hidden talents.

No comments: